Over the course of the next few weeks I would like to review some of the new features of Microsoft CRM 2011. But rather than going through some of the major changes, such as the new ribbon interface, solutions etc, I’m going to focus on the smaller less advertised new features. Each of these will be very short basic overviews to demonstrate the breadth of new features in the product. This way I hope to get at least a few of these up every week. Interspersed with the short articles I also hope to have some more in depth articles on some business uses for these new features.
Today’s feature is simple but I can see lots of uses for it. You now have the ability to create Dynamic Marketing Lists.
When you set the Type to Dynamic, you only have the ability to use q query to define your Member list. This means that any record that meets the filter criteria will automatically be added to the marketing list.
The one downside to be aware of is that Dynamic Marketing Lists do not appear in the Marketing List Associated View of Account / Contact or Lead and are not returned in Advanced Find queries.
No comments:
Post a Comment