Well the end of the year really did sneak up on me this year! It seems like just yesterday 2008 was starting full of promise and opportunity. Overall 2008 was a very good year for me personally, with the birth of my beautiful daughter a definite highlight. On the CRM front Microsoft released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 ( well December 2007 really) which saw the product mature further and become a real challenger in both mid-market and enterprise. This is clearly demonstrated by the release of the Forrester Wave Q3 2008 report showing Microsoft CRM as a leader in both the enterprise and mid-market.
My guess is that, while 2009 will have its challenges (when will the financial crisis bottom out?), it will again be a good year for CRM overall. Having seen some of the sneak previews of Microsoft CRM 5.0 the product will again see some significant improvements and new functionality. This will allow us to push the product harder and create even more innovative solutions. I’m also a firm believer in the value of CRM solutions overall and especially in a downturn market. Organisations that recognise this value while others are cutting back on IT spend are generally, I believe, the ones that come out not only alive, but ahead. I’m looking forward, along with the rest of the CRM community, to being a small part of creating that value.
I’d like to wish everyone a very happy, merry and safe Christmas. May your stockings be filled with love, kindness and maybe a great gadget or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment